We, M. A. Shah & Co., Chartered Accountants, are a partnership firm established in 1957 (founded in 1952) by our founder partner Late CA Mahendrabhai A. Shah. We have a strong standing of nearly seven decades of providing value added services to the industry. We have presence in Mumbai as well as at Anand and Vadodara.
Our firm was instituted with the aim of providing value-added professional services. We represent a Consortium of Knowledge and Experience in the arenas of Auditing & Assurance Services, Taxation & Allied Laws, Financial & Legal Consultancy, FEMA, and Corporate Laws. We believe in upholding the highest standards of professional ethics with an undying commitment to all-round quality, integrity, and client satisfaction.
Our firm has a rich experience of serving multi-national companies, large corporates, small and medium enterprises (SMEs), non-profit organisations and owner-managed businesses.
We have a multi-disciplinary team of dedicated professionals in each area of services that we offer. We have professionals comprising of Chartered Accountants, Company Secretaries, CISA/DISA Certified Professionals, Cost Accountants, Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE)/FAFD Certified Professionals and Lawyers to cater to the varied demands of our clients.
Our team has in-depth knowledge and wide-ranging experience to help you in effective planning and structuring of your business to achieve fiscal efficiency and, at the same time, ensure compliance with all regulations.
We are committed to
- Placing the Interests of our Clients before Ours.
- Upholding the Highest Standards of Honesty, Integrity and Confidentiality.
- Excelling in our Professional Services.
- Continuous Endeavour to Improve the Quality of our Services.
- Continuous Education and Training of our Staff and Clients.
Our Core Strengths
- Dealing with Direct and Indirect tax authorities. In case of high-stakes or complicated matters, we also seek assistance of Senior Counsel.
- Use of data analysis tools and techniques for working more effectively on large data and for enhancing the quality of the audit.
- Access to latest Information Technology Infrastructure and continuous updates on the regulatory changes.
- Always believing in taking matters to the logical end. Our principle has always been “We begin where everyone stops”.
We are eagerly waiting to be associated with clients that are a pleasure to do business with, who have won people’s heart and minds, have continuously improved shareholder’s value, and have ensured the highest standards of corporate governance.
Our Clientele is spread across Various Industries
Charitable Institutions and Non-Profit Organisations
Public and Private Sector and Co-operative Banks
General Insurance Companies
Retail Industry and Jewellery Showrooms
Our Methodology & Experience
Optimizing Tax Implications and Dealing with Tax Authorities
- Acting as a bridge between the Clients and the Tax Authorities.
- Providing innovative tax optimisation solutions along with application of tax incentives.
- Assistance in availing exemption certificates and approvals.
- Advising on the tax consequences in the regular course of business as well as at the time of specific transactions.
- Making representations before tax authorities and judicial authorities in Assessments and Appeals (CIT & ITAT) as well as Search, Seizure and Survey cases.
- Knowledge updates on changes in Domestic &International Tax Laws as well as latest judicial pronouncements.
- Tax planning within the framework of the law.
- Co-ordination with legal counsels
- Expedition of the refunds determined by getting the OGE as per the appellate order.
Experience in International Tax Advisory
- Innovative Tax Planning using favourable tax jurisdictions for setting up structures.
- Optimising tax implications using Double Tax Avoidance Treaty networks.
- Advising on withholding tax implications and ensuring lowest possible tax outgo wherever possible.
- Advising on Transfer Pricing methodology and documentation.
Information on key tax assessments handled
- Annually, we handle more than 100 tax assessments for our clients.
- We have a track record of rigorous follow up with the tax departments for rectifications or expediting orders giving effect to the Appellate Orders and for releasing the refunds due to the clients.
- In case of long-pending refunds that are otherwise due to the client, we apply a multi-pronged strategy involving the following
- Filing Grievance petitions before the Assessing Officers and their superiors.
- Filing of E-Nivaaran petitions to the CPC/Assessing Officer.
- Filing of CPGrams applications that are monitored by the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
- Filing of RTI Applications.
- Exerting pressure from the top by representing before the CBDT.
Experience of the team in SAP-BPC, ECC 6.0, SAP-HANA
Our team members have a reasonable working knowledge of SAP, Oracle and any other software environment by virtue of having audited our clients who have deployed such systems.